Welcome To Our Online Store!
- What is wheatgrass?
- What is the difference between the wheat grass plant and wheatgrass juice?
- Why do people drink wheatgrass juice? Why not just eat the wheat grass?
- What are some of the benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice?
- What does wheatgrass juice taste like?
- How can I get the benefits of wheatgrass if I don’t like the taste?
- What is a wheatgrass supplement?
- What are the benefits of taking a wheatgrass supplement?
- How long does it take to notice the benefits of wheatgrass juice?
- There are a lot of wheatgrass supplements on the market. What are some of the differences between them?
- A lot of wheatgrass supplements are labeled as “organic.” What does this mean?
- I’m allergic to wheat. Can I still drink wheatgrass juice or take a wheatgrass supplement?
- Does wheatgrass juice have any side effects?
- What is the best time to drink wheatgrass juice or take a wheatgrass supplement?
1. What is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is a complete food grown from sprouted wheatberries—the seed or kernel of the common wheat plant. It is a member of the cereal grass family, which also includes barely grass, oat grass and rye grass. Wheatgrass is harvested when the grass is at its nutritional peak and has an extremely high concentration of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, living enzymes, chlorophyll and phytonutrients that can’t be found in the mature wheat plant. At this dark green leafy stage of growth, wheat grass looks similar to common lawn grass.
2. What is the difference between the wheat grass plant and wheatgrass juice?
Just like the juices of other fruits and vegetables, wheatgrass juice is simply the juice of the young wheat grass plant. Because of its extremely high nutrient concentration, it has been said that one serving of wheatgrass juice is nutritionally equivalent to roughly one and a half pounds of fresh dark green vegetables.
3. Why do people drink wheatgrass juice? Why not just eat the wheat grass?
Unlike cows and other grazing animals, the human digestive system was not designed to break down the cellulose in the woody and fibrous wheat grass plant. Although it is physically possible to eat wheat grass—and some people choose to do so—the body will not digest it properly, which can cause adverse effects.
The nutrients found in wheatgrass juice are many times more concentrated than those found in the raw wheat grass plants; to be properly utilized and receive the many benefits of wheatgrass, you must consume the wheatgrass juice.
4. What are some of the benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice?
Thanks to its extremely high concentration of nutrients, wheatgrass juice is considered a green superfood, a term that is commonly used to describe nutrient-dense foods that may provide a variety of health benefits as a result.
Scientific research has found that regular consumption of wheatgrass juice can provide a wide assortment of natural health benefits, including but not limited to:
- Feeling full for longer periods of time between meals and snacks
- Improved energy levels and more a more restful night’s sleep
- Improved mental clarity and calmer nerves
- Better regulated blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improved digestion and more regular bowel movements
- Weight loss and weight maintenance
- Clearer skin and fewer skin problems
- Fewer bouts with acid reflux
- Stronger and healthier hair and nails
5. What does wheatgrass juice taste like?
As with any food or beverage, some people love wheatgrass juice while others are not incredibly fond of the taste. The taste of wheatgrass juice is often compared to the taste of spinach or other dark green veggies.
6. How can I get the benefits of wheatgrass if I don’t like the taste?
If you do not like the taste of wheatgrass juice but you want to enjoy its multiple health benefits, you can blend it with other fruit or vegetable juices, mix it into a smoothie, or take a wheatgrass supplement instead.
7. What is a wheatgrass supplement?
Purchasing fresh wheatgrass juice from a health food store or smoothie shop can become quite expensive, and the plants’ origins and growing methods are unknown. Most people do not have enough time in their busy schedule to grow and juice their own wheat grass plants at home.
A wheatgrass supplement is an easy and convenient way to enjoy the benefits of drinking organic wheatgrass juice without hassle. A wheatgrass supplement is also a suitable alternative for people who do not like the taste of fresh wheatgrass juice. Wheatgrass supplements are typically available in powder, pill and capsule form.
8. What are the benefits of taking a wheatgrass supplement?
A wheatgrass supplement crafted from freeze dried organic wheatgrass juice powder can provide you with the same benefits as drinking fresh wheatgrass juice—with far less effort.
9. How long does it take to notice the benefits of wheatgrass juice?
Many people report feeling a natural energy boost within twenty minutes of drinking wheatgrass juice or taking a wheatgrass supplement, but this can vary from person to person. Other people notice improvements within two to three days, but it may take up to two weeks to begin noticing other changes from the wheatgrass. It all depends on the individuals diet, medication they may be taking etc.
10. There are a lot of wheatgrass supplements on the market. What are some of the differences between them?
Various wheatgrass powders, pills and capsules are readily available in health food stores and on the internet, but it’s important to remember that wheatgrass supplements are not all created equally.
In order to enjoy the benefits of wheatgrass you must consume the plant’s juice, but many wheatgrass supplements are simply ground-up wheat grass plants.
When purchasing a supplement made from wheatgrass juice, ensure that the juice was freeze dried—many are heat dried instead, which can destroy the heat-sensitive vitamins and living enzymes. You also want to avoid wheatgrass supplements containing fillers or artificial sweeteners.
Below is a Kirlian image comparison of our wheatgrass juice powder compared to a leading brand that is heat dried, ground up grass powder. It clearly shows that the lifeforce and healing energy of Sweet Wheat® is much stronger than the other leading brand.
Sweet Wheat® (Organic Wheatgrass Juice ) Leading Brand of Wheatgrass Powder
11. A lot of wheatgrass supplements are labeled as “organic.” What does this mean?
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) sets strict national standards on how any food product must be grown, harvested, prepared and packaged before it is allowed to wear the USDA Organic Seal. A wheatgrass supplement that is 100% USDA organic must be grown from organic seeds in organic soil. In addition, the farmland must have had at least three years with zero use of non-organic fertilizers or pesticides. Many non-organic wheatgrass products do not even begin to meet these high standards.
12. I’m allergic to wheat. Can I still drink wheatgrass juice or take a wheatgrass supplement?
If you are allergic to wheat, 99 times out of 100 it's because you are allergic to gluten. Gluten is only formed in the actual wheat grain and wheatgrass is harvested and cut before the wheat grass develops a seed head, which means that wheatgrass juice is gluten free. In fact we have many customers who have severe gluten allergies taking Sweet Wheat® with no issues.
13. Does wheatgrass juice have any side effects?
Drinking wheatgrass juice or taking a wheatgrass supplement is similar to eating other dark green vegetables. The living enzymes, chlorophyll, vitamins, and minerals can produce a detoxifying, or cleansing effect on the body because the nutrients in green vegetables can release toxins that have been stored in blood and fat cells. Depending on your current physical health and your dietary habits, this may cause increased bowel movements and mild headaches.
14. What is the best time to drink wheatgrass juice or take a wheatgrass supplement?
Although wheatgrass juice can be consumed at any time, it is recommended on an empty stomach about an hour before eating. This allows the body to completely absorb the wheatgrass juice and take full advantage of its benefits without competing with other foods in your system. Wheatgrass juice is also a natural appetite suppressant; consuming it before meals helps many people eat less and still feel full.
Some people drink wheatgrass juice or take a wheatgrass supplement in the afternoon to provide a natural boost of energy, and others do so right before bed to help with a sound night’s sleep.